Humidifiers Make Homes Healthier
Winter air can dry out noses, throats and skin. It also can damage wallpaper, paint and wood. The right humidifier will deliver the correct amount of moisture.
- Too little moisture allows cold-weather viruses to thrive and chaps skin and lips.
- Too much moisture can welcome unwanted guests like mold or dust mites, which can cause allergic reactions.
The key to achieving and maintaining the right humidity level in your home is professional installation and care. P.K. Wadsworth expertly installs and maintains humidifiers that deliver ideal moisture levels safely, simply and effectively.
Breathe Easy with Us
A humidifier maintained or installed by P.K. Wadsworth is one you can trust. Both the Environmental Protection Agency and the Consumer Product Safety Commission have shown that humidifiers can disperse harmful materials, such as large amounts of minerals or airborne organisms, if not properly operated and cleaned.
P.K. Wadsworth will use the right systems and show you how to easily maintain them to ensure smooth operation between service intervals. From teaching you basics like how to control your humidifier to helping you choose the right solution for your specific needs, we’ll use our expertise to guarantee the air in your home is healthy. This is especially beneficial for young children, the elderly and anyone with respiratory issues.
Making the Right Choice
All humidifiers create moist air, but each type works differently. Some are safer and more effective than others. The simplest units are portable consoles designed for floor use, while central, whole home humidifiers can be built into HVAC systems to humidify an entire house. Specific varieties use different technologies and require the right care and attention:
- Ultrasonic humidifiers and impeller humidifiers create a cool mist, but can be prone to dispersing microorganisms and minerals. This can be mitigated with the right care.
- Evaporative humidifiers transmit moisture by blowing air through a moistened material. This generally disperses few pollutants, but care must be taken to ensure that their tanks do not grow microorganisms.
- Steam vaporizers create steam by heating water electrically and cooling the steam prior to dispersing it. Like evaporative humidifiers, they produce fewer airborne pollutants, but require vigilance to ensure clean tanks.
"Very professional in every respect. Every technician who's visited our home has been prompt, professional and done precisely what needed to be done. They make recommendations about replacing old equipment, but don't come off as too pushy. A very pleasant experience overall, and hope it continues as we replace some of our ancient stuff."