After 80+ years in the heating and cooling business, we've learned a thing or two. One of the most striking realizations is that not all HVAC companies are created equal.
Six Simple Questions to Ask a Cleveland HVAC Company
We can't tell you how many times we've been called into a client's home to fix mistakes generated by another HVAC company's inexperienced or negligent employees. The large majority of the time, these clients could have been spared by asking the prospective Cleveland HVAC company six simple questions:
- Are you licensed? Their contractor's license number should be readily available and you can verify it is current via your local building department.
- Are you insured? Worst-case scenarios can leave you high and dry with a partially installed system, damage to your home during repair/installation process, etc. Their insurance policy is your guarantee the situation will be remedied.
- Are techs NATE certified? NATE certification helps to ensure the tech working on your system is up-to-date on current safety protocols, tools, essential principles of heating and cooling, and current HVAC technology.
- How do you size HVAC systems? Reputable HVAC contractors size systems as accurately as possible to optimize lifetime energy efficiency and longevity; this requires a detailed, scientific evaluation. If you hear the words, "rule of thumb measurements...," you should call the next HVAC contractor on the list.
- Do you offer a preventative maintenance plan? Investing in a HVAC service agreement program is worth it. In addition to bi-annual maintenance appointments that keep your system working efficiently, you'll also benefit from discounts on repairs, parts replacements, and system replacements. Plus, you get top priority in the rare case your equipment does go on the fritz.
- Can you provide references? References are important. Go ahead and contact the references they provide to learn more about the company. Do techs arrive on time? Do fixes last? Do they bombard you with upsales? Answers will help you determine the right company for you.
Contact P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling and practice your questioning skills. This Cleveland HVAC company is ready to show you what high-quality heating and cooling service is all about.