As temperatures drop, it's important to schedule fall furnace maintenance in Cleveland to keep it running as efficiently and safely throughout the long winter season ahead. The investment in routine professional furnace service will pay you back in dependable heating throughout the winter, assuring you that no matter how cold it gets, your home will be comfortably warm.
An HVAC professional from P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling will go through each component of the entire furnace, cleaning and tightening all its parts. He or she will test each of the safety switches, check the ignition system or pilot for proper operation and make sure that nothing blocks the flue or chimney.
Besides these basics, a HVAC technician will also:
- Clean the burner and look for signs of a cracked heat exchanger that could endanger your family by spewing carbon monoxide into your home's air.
- Lubricate the motor and check the condition of the belt, changing or tightening if necessary. A well-oiled motor makes less noise and experiences less wear.
- Inspect the fuel line leading to the furnace, making sure all the connections are tight.
- Measure the airflow through the system, making sure that it's adequate. Reduced airflow increases fuel consumption and sets the stage for more serious problems down the road. The burner and the heat exchanger stay hot longer than the manufacturer intended, which stresses the metal and can lead to premature cracking. Most of the time a crack in either prompts a complete system replacement that's preventable with routine maintenance.
- Find ductwork leaks that drive up heating costs, lower indoor air quality, and can backdraft carbon monoxide into your home's air. Identifying ductwork problems alone is worth the cost of fall furnace maintenance in Cleveland. Ducts are often hidden and difficult to access without the specialized tools and equipment that HVAC professionals use.
- Test and calibrate the thermostat. If the thermostat goes on the blink, your furnace won't work.
Contact the pros at P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling to schedule your fall furnace maintenance in Cleveland today. We've provided top-notch HVAC services for greater Cleveland homeowners since 1936.