Choosing a heating and air conditioning contractor can be a difficult decision, but many have found it to be among the most important ones when considering a home comfort project. Here are some tips about how to make your selection:
- Do some research yourself: Write a specific list of what you want from your new product. Research products that could be a good fit. Make sure you are choosing a heating and air conditioning contractor who is certified and experienced. You’ll want a licensed State of Ohio contractor as well as one with technicians certified by a North American Technical Excellence (NATE).
- Make sure they engineer your project- Unfortunately HVAC is not a plug in appliance like a refrigerator. Many different components: the equipment, the ductwork or radiators, the control system and the wiring must be properly adapted to your home or business. Additionally, your life style must also be considered as well. Average industry temperature set points don’t always meet every individual’s needs. All this items and more must be evaluated, discussed and put into the final plan.
- Have everything in writing and itemized: You don’t want to have to regret choosing a heating and air conditioning contractor who will be in your house for an undefined amount of time. You definitely don’t want to be wondering what their service will cost until the project is done.
- Ask about other benefits. You should choose a heating and air conditioning contractor who can tell you about tax credits and utility rebates. These programs have deadlines and specific eligibility requirements that are important to be aware of.
- Check the contractor out- get referrals, check with the BBB and other sources like Angie’s List, see if they have any specific certifications and ask if they have won any awards for excellence.
P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling has licensed, certified experts on hand to answer any questions you may have and provide any services you may need. They’ll be happy to talk with you.