Are you dreading the summer spike in your utility bills? You can help ease the impact by getting an air conditioning tune-up before the heat hits in Cleveland. Regular maintenance should be done every year to keep your equipment running efficiently. Better efficiency means less energy use, which means lower utility bills for you. During your annual air conditioning tune-up, your technician should:
- Check the refrigerant level
- Check the cleanliness of the outside AC unit
- Make sure that there are no obstructions around the outside unit
- Check the air flow in the system
- Capture any refrigerant that released from the system
- Observe the ductwork for problems and leaks
- Check the cooling coil to make sure it is not obstructed or dirty
- Ensure that the heating and cooling systems cannot operate simultaneously
- Inspect electrical terminals for corrosion
- Clean and tighten electrical connections
- Lubricate motors
- Check the system air filter and change if needed
- Check temperature readings in the system
- Check belts for tightness and inappropriate wear
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat
In addition to improving efficiency and reducing monthly utility bills, an air conditioning tune-up has many other benefits. It will make your equipment less likely to break down, which is why it is important to do the air conditioning tune-up annually. Regular air conditioning tune-ups also lengthen the life of the equipment, helping you get the most value from your investment.
An air conditioning tune-up will also help reduce the amount of dust and other airborne particles in your indoor air. Regular filter changes are also an important maintenance task, so be sure to ask your contractor during your air conditioning tune-up what type of filter you should use and how often it should be changed.
Possibly one of the most important reasons to get an air conditioning tune-up is keeping your family comfortable all summer. You can be sure that your unit is operating to maximum efficiency and have peace of mind that your air conditioner is less likely to break down.
P.K. Wadsworth provides experienced technicians for every air conditioning tuneup. We will make sure your system is clean and operating at peak efficiency, so you can enjoy a cool, comfortable home. Contact us today to schedule your annual air conditioning tune-up and save $30.
Photo credit: Roger Mommaert