As a homeowner, you understand just how important HVAC system annual service can be in terms of household comfort, system-efficiency, and long-term energy savings. With that in mind, you want to ensure that the HVAC technician that performs your HVAC system annual service is qualified to do the job. The question in how?
Choosing a contractor to perform HVAC system annual service doesn't have to be a daunting task, but it will take a little work on your part. Consider this basic strategy:
STRATEGY FOR CHOOSING A HVAC CONTRACTOR
- The first step is doing your homework. Before you can determine if an HVAC technician is qualified to service your system. Look for a technician that has graduated from trade school and who is NATE certified. NATE is the industry third party rating agency for HVAC.
- You should be clear that the contractor has a state of Ohio HVAC license, worker's compensation coverage and proper insurance.
- Instead of simply calling the first HVAC contractor you come across, ask for referrals. Chances are, someone you know can recommend a reputable HVAC contractor in your area. Contact the local BBB for a rating of performance before setting up an appointment.
- When talking to HVAC contractors, ask for customer references. Talking directly to customers allows you to ask important questions about the service, attitude, and reliability of potential contractors.
- HVAC system annual service involves a thorough inspection of your current system and household, including the evaluation of heating and cooling components in terms of appropriate size and efficient operation. There can be a large difference from one contractor to another in the thoroughness of the check-up.
- A reputable contractor will also provide a written itemized estimate of all services and equipment required in providing HVAC system annual service. When comparing potential contractors, it's important to look at the big picture, as the lowest initial cost doesn't always represent the most in long-term energy savings.
- Once you've chosen a contractor for HVAC system annual service, get everything in writing. This includes the estimated costs of the project, the intended schedule, and the actual model numbers of the equipment.
P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling understands that HVAC system annual service is crucial to the enduring comfort of your family. That's why residents of the Greater Cleveland area have trusted our technicians to perform their HVAC system annual service for the past 75 years covering four generations of the Wadsworth family. For expert consultation, contact P.K. Wadsworth today.
Photo credit: Smemon87