You’ve heard the claims that HVAC maintenance can lower your household energy costs, but maybe you’re not sure how. The answer is simple: HVAC maintenance improves system performance. When your HVAC system is running at maximum efficiency, less energy is needed to achieve household comfort. Thus, HVAC maintenance increases long-term energy savings by preventing the sort of problems that hinder the performance of your HVAC system.
HVAC MAINTENANCE WILL ADDRESS EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR SYSTEM
It is the thorough nature of HVAC maintenance that keeps your system effective. During an HVAC maintenance call, our technicians address every aspect of your system, including:
- Thermostat settings – If your thermostat isn’t functioning properly, your entire system is affected, including household energy bills.
- Electrical connections – Faulty electronics can compromise your safety, increase your bills, and reduce system life.
- Motor lubrication – Without proper lubrication, moving parts in your motor can cause unwanted friction, increasing electricity consumption.
- Condensate drain – Blockages in your drain can affect humidity and eventually lead to water damage if left unchecked.
- System controls – Improper cycling can affect efficiency and energy consumption.
- Indoor cooling and outside condenser coils – Over the course of the cooling season, coils can become dirty. This not only reduces system efficiency, it increases energy costs, and can take years off the life of your system.
- Refrigerant levels – During HVAC maintenance, our technicians will ensure that your refrigerant is charged to manufacturer’s specifications, addressing potential leaks as needed.
- Blower – If your system blower isn’t adjusted properly, system efficiency could be reduced by as much as 15 percent; significantly affecting energy costs.
- Air filters – Clogged filters can put a strain on your system, raising energy costs, and affecting indoor air quality. While our technicians change filters during HVAC maintenance, you can actually perform monthly filter inspections yourself, changing filters as needed.
These are just a few of the issues that our technicians address during HVAC maintenance. As you can see, each significantly affects the performance of your system and the cost of energy. If you’d like to know more about the benefits of HVAC maintenance, contact the professionals of P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling.
Photo Credit: Sean MacEntee