It’s important to invest in preventive maintenance for your heating and cooling equipment -- but not with just anyone: It’s also important to have a highly skilled HVAC contractor servicing your system; someone reliable, professional and experienced. How do you sort through the many contractors in Cleveland to select the best?
Here are a few factors to consider when choosing an HVAC contractor:
- Does the contractor meet all state licensing and insurance requirements?
- Check out any awards and certifications the contractor may have earned. Among other distinctions, P.K. Wadsworth is proud to have earned the Carrier President’s Award (and to be the only contractor in Northeast Ohio to have done so); to have won the Angie’s List Super Service award; and to have been recognized by the National Comfort Team as contractor of the year. Also check for a high BBB rating.
- Look for NATE-certified technicians. North American Technician Excellence certification means a technician has gone above and beyond to master his or her craft and passed rigorous tests developed by industry seniors. When you hire NATE-certified workers, you’re getting some of the best technicians in North America.
- Expect an on-site equipment inspection and evaluation. A good contractor should explain the condition of your equipment, and any potential repairs or replacements, in language you understand.
- Look for preventive maintenance agreements. Contractors who offer maintenance service arrangements that include annual service, priority emergency attention, and discounted rates on certain repairs put their customers’ needs first. Maintenance plans ultimately save more than they cost by keeping your equipment running efficiently and preventing expensive breakdowns. They also can increase the life span of your system.
- Compare bids. Make sure you understand exactly what’s going to be done, and exactly what it costs. Remember, the cheapest bid doesn’t always come with the greatest value.
Quality HVAC contractor service is essential. It should begin before your system is installed, when your energy needs are evaluated, and continue through installation and regular maintenance. For professional HVAC contractor service you can trust to get the job done right, contact P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling.
Photo credit: Valerie Everett