One easy way to stay on top of HVAC system maintenance is by signing up for an annual preventive maintenance agreement with a trusted HVAC company. Typically these maintenance agreements provide regular service visits at a reduced cost, helping you to keep your equipment in tip-top shape without overshooting your budget.
Without regular tuneups, heating and cooling systems are more prone to the following problems:
- Higher energy costs. Without regular maintenance, your equipment can become dirty, worn down and poorly lubricated, resulting in reduced energy efficiency and higher power costs.
- More frequent breakdowns. Small problems can quickly turn into major repairs, costing you extra money when you can least afford it.
- Safety issues. Furnaces are fraught with potential safety issues including wiring problems, gas leaks and carbon monoxide accumulation. By addressing these potential problems through regular maintenance, you can relax and enjoy peace of mind throughout the heating season.
- Poor indoor air quality. Poorly maintained HVAC equipment can reduce indoor air quality, which in turn can aggravate allergies, cause asthma attacks and lead to other respiratory problems.
- Shorter equipment life. Without routine maintenance, parts can wear out more quickly, shortening the usable life of your heating and cooling equipment.
With a regular tuneup, you'll receive quicker responses and become a higher priority. If you do happen to have a problem, you will be leapfrogged ahead of others and jump the line so to speak. Service agreement clients get priority over others without agreements!
P.K. Wadsworth offers semi-annual tuneups on all heating/cooling equipment as well as maintenance plans. Signing up for a preventive maintenance agreement can help you avoid problems and keep your HVAC equipment running smoothly all year long.
If you live in the Cleveland area and would like to learn more about the benefits of a scheduled maintenance program, contact us at P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling.