A humidifier is an accessory you can add on to your heating equipment that adds moisture to the air in your home during the winter. Here are some reasons you may want to consider making this improvement to your home:
- HEALTH- Many people suffer with dry skin or nosebleeds in the cold weather. A humidifier can ease these symptoms by keeping a healthy level of moisture in the air.
- NUISANCES- Static electricity is a nuisance in a home that is too dry. Installing a humidifier takes care of this problem.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME- Expensive wooden cabinetry, floors and furniture can crack in an environment that is too dry. A humidifier will keep the moisture from evaporating from the wood in your home. Other surfaces that can benefit from a humidifier are leather, books and artwork.
- COMFORT + ENERGY SAVINGS - A home that is too dry will feel chilly, as compared to a home heated to the same temperature that has a higher level of humidity. Some people even find they are able to keep their thermostat set lower and still feel comfortable after installing a humidifier. If you can lower thermostat settings, that will save energy on heating bills.
- BETTER AIR QUALITY - The growth of some organisms is increased in a dryer environment. Adding a humidifier may be able to help your family avoid illnesses over the winter.
Dollar for dollar, a humidifier offers more benefits for the least investment than most things you can do to improve your home. For more information about humidifiers, or to get help choosing the proper system for your home, contact the experts at P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling.