Dual-fuel (also commonly referred to as hybrid) systems are an ideal choice for homeowners in the Northeast Ohio area. With long, cold winters, homeowners depend on their heating systems not only for comfort, but to efficiently to ward off outrageously high utility bills. Dual-fuel systems provide optimal heating for your home comfort by using two systems, both of which efficiently respond to different temperature demands.
- Save during mild weather: A dual-fuel system uses a heat pump during milder weather. It moves heated air around, extracting warmth from the outside air and moving it into your home. This system performs so well it can reach 400 percent efficiency, meaning that you get a return of $4 of heat for every $1 you spend on electricity to run it. This efficiency is possible when temperatures remain above 30 degrees, and for the northeast Ohio are, that means a majority of winter days are ideally suited for dual-fuel equipment.
- Save during extreme weather: When temperatures dip below freezing, a dual-fuel system automatically switches over to a more efficient system, typically a gas-fired furnace. And it's at lower temperatures that a gas furnace provides maximized operations, using fuel wisely to produce heated air.
- Save using the best fuel source: A dual-fuel system will automatically switch over to the best heating source, as its sensor will “read” the weather and fire up the appropriate system. So you don’t have to manage the system: It manages itself according to the temperature balance point it's set to.
- Save with improved home comfort: The system's heat pump provides optimal cooling energy savings throughout the summer just like the regular AC only system that you might be familiar with.
- Save with decreased greenhouse contributions: Because this type of system will use the most efficient fuel source at all times, you save by using an environmentally friendly system.
For more information on upgrading to a dual-fuel system,contact the experts at P.K.Wadsworth Heating & Cooling.
Photo Credit: o5com
Paul Wadsworth is the President and Owner of P.K. Wadsworth Heating and Cooling. For 37 years, Paul has been providing heating and cooling services to the Greater Cleveland area. P.K. Wadsworth has been a trusted Cleveland HVAC service company for 75 years. The company understand the area's construction and local heating and air conditioning needs. Paul has an MBA from the University of Michigan and a B.S., Industrial Engineering from Purdue University. He's been President of the Cleveland Air Conditioning Contractors of America and a founding member of the local chapter. Paul was born and raised in Cleveland and has been active in the local community. He resides in Cleveland, Ohio with his wife and two sons.
The opinions and statements contained in this article are for general informational purposes only and are not instructions. Only trained, licensed and experienced personnel should attempt installation/repair. The author assumes no liability for the opinions/statements made in this article. Any individual attempting a repair or installation based on this article does so at their own risk of loss.