If you’re set to apply your tax refund toward upgrading HVAC equipment, you’ll need to engage an expert HVAC contractor to help you select the right equipment and install it properly, maximizing its performance and your investment.
These are several of the most important factors to consider when upgrading HVAC equipment:
- Dependability – Heating and cooling systems are generally one of the more costlier investments that homeowners will make, so selecting equipment from a reputable manufacturer is a great first step to ensure lasting performance from your new equipment.
- Efficiency – When selecting your equipment, take a look at efficiency ratings. Comparing several different ratings will help you to see potential energy savings over the lifetime of the equipment, and give you a good picture of your return on investment — especially if you’re investing in higher-efficiency systems that tend to cost more upfront.
- Noise – Manufacturers are making great headway in reducing noise in their equipment, producing appliances that emit much less noise. There’s nothing like a noisy system to lead you to regret your purchase.
- Home comfort – Systems that operate at just one speed offer limited comfort. You can improve your comfort potential by selecting equipment that runs at more than one speed, and it will not only consume less energy when it operates at lower speeds during milder weather, but it will deliver even temperatures throughout the home.
- Airflow – Equipment that comes with a variable-speed air handler will improve more than home comfort. They also ensure proper airflow, avoiding the stagnant air that a full-speed system typically generates when it cycles on and off repeatedly throughout the day.
- Humidity – When selecting an air conditioner, choose a system that provides optimal humidity control, such as a multi-stage cooling or multi-speed air handler, or consider buying an add-on, such as a dehumidifier.
- Indoor air quality – Another valuable add-on is an air cleaner that will directly connect to your HVAC equipment and purify the air whenever it runs.
Upgrading your HVAC equipment? Contact the HVAC experts at P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling. Give us a call today, or visit our website for more information. We've been serving Northeast Ohio since 1936.
Paul Wadsworth is the President and Owner of P.K. Wadsworth Heating and Cooling. For 37 years, Paul has been providing heating and cooling services to the Greater Cleveland area. P.K. Wadsworth has been a trusted Cleveland HVAC service company for 75 years. The company understand the area's construction and local heating and air conditioning needs. Paul has an MBA from the University of Michigan and a B.S., Industrial Engineering from Purdue University. He's been President of the Cleveland Air Conditioning Contractors of America and a founding member of the local chapter. Paul was born and raised in Cleveland and has been active in the local community. He resides in Cleveland, Ohio with his wife and two sons.
The opinions and statements contained in this article are for general informational purposes only and are not instructions. Only trained, licensed and experienced personnel should attempt installation/repair. The author assumes no liability for the opinions/statements made in this article. Any individual attempting a repair or installation based on this article does so at their own risk of loss.