Much of your comfort at home depends on your HVAC system. Care of that system isn't something you want to leave up to anyone who's less than fully competent. Hiring an HVAC contractor in the greater Cleveland area doesn't have to be complicated, but checking these five basic factors will help you find a reliable service provider.
- Licensing and certification - Technicians should be properly licensed at the very least. Beyond that, look for technicians who hold North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification. This is the only national certification program the whole HVAC industry accepts. The company itself should be licensed, code-compliant and carry workers compensation insurance.
- Comprehensive knowledge - Technicians should have a broad and up-to-date knowledge of a variety of home-comfort products and services. This goes beyond equipment maintenance and installation. Technicians should be able to give you tips on reducing your energy bills and improving your indoor air quality whether or not it stands to make them money.
- Comprehensive skill set - When hiring an HVAC contractor in northeast Ohio, look for one with the knowledge and experience to help you choose equipment and the skill to design and install systems, as well as perform repairs and maintenance.
- Customized solutions - There are no one-size-fits-all HVAC systems. A technician should listen to your concerns, examine your current system, then develop a customized solution to meet your needs. This includes options, too. A conscientious HVAC technician should be willing to work something out for you if the ideal solution isn't within your budget.
- A good reputation - If a company's been around for several decades, chances are they've lasted that long by providing quality services. If you have doubts, though, the company should be able to provide names of satisfied customers as references and a good rating with the local BBB. A company committed to providing excellent services will offer a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, too.
If you're considering hiring an HVAC contractor for equipment services or guidance on improving your home's comfort, contact us at P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling. For more than 75 years, we've been providing dependable, friendly service around Cleveland Heights, Chagrin Falls, Twinsburg, Aurora and the surrounding areas.
Paul Wadsworth is the President and Owner of P.K. Wadsworth Heating and Cooling. For 37 years, Paul has been providing heating and cooling services to the Greater Cleveland area. P.K. Wadsworth has been a trusted Cleveland HVAC service company for 75 years. The company understand the area's construction and local heating and air conditioning needs. Paul has an MBA from the University of Michigan and a B.S., Industrial Engineering from Purdue University. He's been President of the Cleveland Air Conditioning Contractors of America and a founding member of the local chapter. Paul was born and raised in Cleveland and has been active in the local community. He resides in Cleveland, Ohio with his wife and two sons.
The opinions and statements contained in this article are for general informational purposes only and are not instructions. Only trained, licensed and experienced personnel should attempt installation/repair. The author assumes no liability for the opinions/statements made in this article. Any individual attempting a repair or installation based on this article does so at their own risk of loss.