When Channel 19 news was looking for hints on how to beat the heat during a recent heat wave they called on P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling for information.
If you have air conditioning:
- Invest in a programmable thermostat and take time to program it. Keeping your home a little warmer when no one is home can really save money on your electric bills and the same is true in the winter time by making the house a bit cooler.
- Make sure you have a tune up of your air conditioner every year. Studies have shown that properly maintained equipment operates up to 30% more efficiently than non-maintained equipment!
- Check your filter and replace/clean it if necessary.
Even if you don’t have air conditioning:
- Close the blinds on the side of the home that the sun is shining on.
- Avoid or limit the use of heat-producing appliances.
- Keep the air moving with fans to keep you more comfortable.
For more information about how to beat the summer heat, contact P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling.
Kim Nemecek works at P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling. After growing up in Cleveland, she lived in Florida for many years, working at an air conditioning company there. Kim has four grown children, two grandchildren and two spoiled dogs. She lives in Solon with her husband, Todd.
The opinions and statements contained in this article are for general informational purposes only and are not instructions. Only trained, licensed and experienced personnel should attempt installation/repair. The author assumes no liability for the opinions/statements made in this article. Any individual attempting a repair or installation based on this article does so at their own risk of loss.