The Unico System Provides Cooling Without Compromise
Compared to traditional central air conditioning systems, small-duct AC systems like the Unico System fit in almost any space, making them the perfect solution for both historic homes and new construction alike.
Advantages of Small-Duct Air Conditioning Systems
Homeowners in Northeast Ohio are choosing small-duct AC systems for their residential cooling needs for many reasons, including:
- Quiet Operation - The air delivery system is designed to minimize sound which brings decibel levels to the equivalent of a soft whisper.
- No Need for Remodeling - No matter when your home was built, The Unico System’s flexible design is almost always feasible and won’t compromise your home’s design or architectural integrity. In addition, outlets can be installed in ceilings, floors or sidewalls and are designed to fit any décor or home architecture.
- Even Temperature Distribution - Experience more comfort with even temperature distribution and draft-free environments in all rooms of your home.
- Energy Efficiency - Due to its workmanship and design, the Unico System loses less than 5% of the air it puts out through leaky ductwork, compared to traditional systems that can lose up to 25% or more.
Applications of Small-Duct Air Conditioning Systems
If your home or building has inadequate or no ductwork or little space, the Unico System is the solution. Common applications include:
- Historic homes like many in the neighborhoods of Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights and Lakewood, Ohio
- New Construction
- Log Homes
- Commercial buildings like Northeast Ohio’s historic buildings, offices, hotels and more
The Importance of Professional Installation
Hiring a professional to install your small-duct AC system is essential. When you choose P.K. Wadsworth, you’re choosing over 85 years of knowledge and expertise. We've successfully completed thousands of installations and know Northeast Ohio’s vintage homes and their unique architecture, and we’ll use this to setup your system on virtually any type of HVAC system, regardless of its age, make or model.
For more information, read our recent blog posts:
- How to Add Air Conditioning to a Boiler Heated Home
- Best Air Conditioning Options for Homes with Boiler Heat
- Installing AC in a Vintage Home?
"Very professional in every respect. Every technician who's visited our home has been prompt, professional and done precisely what needed to be done. They make recommendations about replacing old equipment, but don't come off as too pushy. A very pleasant experience overall, and hope it continues as we replace some of our ancient stuff."