Preventative Furnace Maintenance in Cleveland
Avoid Furnace Problems with a Furnace Tune-Up from P.K. Wadsworth
Every furnace needs annual service and maintenance to help it to perform safely and properly. Scheduling regular service with P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling is a quick and easy way to ensure the health of your family and heating system. This is recommended by every furnace manufacturer and is often required in order to qualify for extended warranty plan coverage.
Regardless of the age or brand of your furnace, a service agreement from the certified experts at our HVAC company will get it primed to keep you warm throughout the winter.
Contact us online today to schedule heating and furnace maintenance in the Cleveland area.
Our Cleveland Furnace Maintenance
Regular furnace service and maintenance
- Cleaning the heat exchanger and inspecting for combustion leaks.
Heat exchangers can develop cracks with age. If they exist, there’s a risk of serious illness from the potentially toxic fumes emitted.
- Performing a combustion efficiency evaluation and test for carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide is a dangerous odorless gas. Tests are performed to determine if any level of carbon monoxide is being released from the system—this airborne contaminant can have deadly results.
- Cleaning burners and adjusting for maximum efficiency.
Dirty burners can cause poor combustion, making you pay for useful heat that “goes up the chimney.”
- Cleaning pilot assembly and inspecting thermocouple. A defective thermocouple will cause the furnace to shut down.
- Inspecting the flame sensor. The flame sensor protects your safety by making sure the flame ignites properly.
- Examining the flue and inspecting the venting system. A corroded or leaking flue pipe is dangerous. If they exist, similar to a crack in the heat exchanger, there’s a risk of serious illness from the potentially toxic fumes emitted. A suitable draft or venting system is essential for
- Verifying proper inducer motor operation. The inducer removes fumes from your furnace and helps ensure a proper combustion process.
- Verifying proper ignition. The pilot is checked and adjusted as necessary—weak or dirty pilots can be extinguished easily, which causes the furnace to shut down.
- Inspecting gas piping and valve. The combustion air openings are checked—blocked or restricted combustion air openings can be dangerous because they can affect the combustion process and create carbon monoxide. The gas line will be checked for leaks from the furnace shut-off valve to the burners to find any dangerous, undetected gas leaks.
- Flushing the condensate drain to protect against overflow. The condensate drain is checked to ensure it’s open. Overflowing drains can interfere with overall system operation and also cause water damage.
- Inspecting blower assembly operation, lubricating and adjusting as necessary. Motors will last longer with maintenance, and indoor temperatures will remain comfortable with a properly functioning blower assembly. The fan switch is checked and adjusted as needed—a fan switch that isn’t adjusted properly can waste energy, cause bothersome fan cycling and reduce comfort in the home.
- Evaluating the condition of the air filter and other indoor air quality accessories. The air filter and other indoor air quality accessories are evaluated for fit and proper match with your system. Dirty air filters can increase operating costs.
- Safety testing all controls for proper operation. Safety controls that don’t function properly can cause dangerous problems with heating systems. Additionally, controls and safeties that don’t function properly can increase
- Calibrating the thermostat and confirming proper operation. Defective or improperly calibrated thermostats affect comfort and operating costs.
- Evaluating the overall efficiency of the system and informing the customer of equipment condition. Temperatures and performance will be recorded. An accurate record of vital data can indicate potential problems that can be eliminated before they become expensive repairs. All panels will be secured—loose panels can increase operating costs and cause a dangerous condition and may shut down the furnace.
- Checking overall system airflow. Airflow in your comfort system is like the blood in the human body. If you don’t have enough flow, some serious problems can occur. Airflow is probably one of the most important variables associated with a properly operating system.
Additional Heat Pump Procedures
- Inspecting and testing heater elements. Heat strips that aren’t operating properly can cause a loss of heat and increased electrical costs.
- Inspecting and testing the reversing valve. A reversing valve that isn’t operating properly can waste energy and cause heat loss.
- Inspecting and testing defrost system. A defrost timer that isn’t working properly can cause heat loss and shorten the compressor’s life.
Ready to schedule your annual furnace tune-up in the Cleveland area? Contact us today!
Benefits of Furnace Maintenance for Cleveland Homeowners
Maintenance is crucial to all heating systems. Annual heating maintenance performs a check on all moving parts to ensure every element is working as it should so that your system won't encounter a significant furnace repair or total breakdown.This service helps to keep your heater running efficiently and will nip any little problems in the bud before they can grow into larger issues. Additional benefits include:
Reduced energy costs. When your furnace has a regularly schedule tune-up, it will be optimized to work less and use less power to get the job done, translating directly to cost savings.
Higher performance. Winters in Ohio are cold! With our furnace maintenance services, you’ll get the even, powerful heating you need.
Far fewer repairs needed. Statistically speaking more than half of the repairs we handle could have been prevented by furnace maintenance delivered on time.
Searching for "heating maintenance near me"? Contact us today to schedule furnace maintenance in Cleveland.
Call 855-996-5675 to Schedule a Furnace Tune-Up in Cleveland, Ohio
For thorough heating system maintenance, no one delivers like P.K. Wadsworth. Our HVAC technicians are friendly, reliable, and always deliver quality that is second to none! Keep your heating equipment running optimally by scheduling service with P.K. Wadsworth. Call us today for a prompt appointment for your heating maintenance in the Cleveland area!
"Excellent service with an equally excellent staff of professionals. Our most recent service on our furnace was, as usual, exceptional. The service professionals at P.K. Wadsworth are of the highest quality. I can highly recommend P.K. Wadsworth for any and all furnace and cooling needs."