JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Attended formal vocational training or equivalent, mechanical aptitude, good people skills, and a minimum of 7 years’ field experience necessary. PC and iPad skills a plus. Push/pull/lift 75 lbs or more, clean driving record.
WORK HOURS: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. arrival at the first call to 5:00 p.m., including a one hour lunch period. Some overtime hours are expected.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Safely perform maintenance and/or repairs on HVAC equipment to the clients’ requirements, inform clients at all times and verify the client’s satisfaction. Responsible for maintaining that the QUALITY of work is up to acceptable company standards and for representing the company to the client in terms of the company Statement of Quality.
- Safely diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain residential and light commercial HVAC equipment. Equipment Includes furnaces, air conditioning, hot water tanks, humidifiers, hot water and/or steam boilers.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Communicate effectively with support staff and clients.
- Treat the client’s home like your own, wear boot covers, put things back the way you found them.
- Keep truck inventory current and accurate.
- Complete paperwork timely and properly.
- Recommend and perform repairs to HVAC equipment.
- Install hot water tanks and humidifiers.
- Advise and recommend clients on Service Agreements, accessories and equipment replacement.
- Continue education to keep up to date with changing technology and to increase knowledge and ability to service equipment and clients.
|Job Category||Field, HVAC|