If you’re looking for ways to keep your home cool this summer, this cheat sheet will help you to do just that — and save money!
Home Cooling Cheat Sheet for Air Conditioning in Cleveland
- Close curtains and blinds. Use light blocking curtains and blinds on windows where the sun blazes into your home. Keep them closed during the hottest part of the day.
- Use a programmable thermostat. Set your programmable thermostat to a higher temperature when you aren’t at home, and program it to start cooling down an hour before you’re expected to return.
- Use fans. Ceiling, box and pedestal fans can help your home feel cooler by circulating the air. You also can use them to push the air from downstairs to your upstairs areas.
- Have a well-maintained AC system. If you haven’t had an AC system tune-up or maintenance call this year, now is the perfect time. A well-maintained AC system will run more effectively and efficiently.
- Open windows. On cooler days and nights, open the windows and let the cool air in. This also will help to clean out the air in your home. Remember to keep windows closed during the hottest times of the day.
- Use appliances less. By air drying dishes instead of using the dishwasher and cooking on the outside grill rather than with the oven, you can help reduce heat build-up in your home.
- Replace your old air conditioning unit. If you have an old air conditioning unit it may be time for a replacement. New units are built to be more effective and efficient and can save you money in the long run.
When you need more information on air conditioning in Cleveland, the team at P.K. Wadsworth can help. We offer a full range of air conditioning services, including installation, repairs and maintenance. Contact us today at 1-440-248-2110 for all your air conditioning needs.