Air Conditioning Maintenance — Don’t Skip It!
Maintenance is required to keep your air conditioning running as efficiently and reliably as possible. Regular preventive maintenance also allows the technician to find and fix any small problems before they develop into something more serious. Without professional maintenance, your cooling system is more likely to break down, often when temperatures are at their hottest and putting the most demand on your system. It also saves you money on your utility bills — regular tune-ups can keep an air conditioner operating up to 30% more efficiently!
You Can Do Some Maintenance Tasks Yourself:
- Clean the outdoor coil and remove any mulch, grass, leaves, etc. that may have been blown onto it by a lawnmower
- Trim any plants away from the unit to provide space for good airflow, a minimum of 12 inches or more typically
- Clean the indoor vents and registers. Make sure nothing (furniture, drapes, etc.) is blocking the vents
- Change or clean your filter
Your Technician Will Complete The Process By Performing The Following Tasks:
- Check thermostat operation and replace batteries if necessary
- Inspect, clean and tighten the electrical connections
- Inspect the drain pan and condensate drain, flushing the drain if necessary
- Inspect the condenser and evaporator coils
- Inspect belts if present
- Verify that all temperature and electrical readings are within proper ranges
- Verify that the filter is clean
- Lubricate any moving parts, including all fans and motors
- Check for symptoms of a refrigerant leak
- Visually inspect for damage to equipment, refrigerant lines and nearby ductwork
- Look for evidence of wear that can be corrected.
- Verify the proper operation of the thermostat
- Test overall system operation and make necessary adjustments
Regular preventive maintenance gives a trained HVAC professional a chance to evaluate the condition of your system and make any adjustments or repairs that might be necessary to maintain the unit’s performance. By doing some of the minor tasks yourself ahead of time, you can free up the technician to focus on technical issues and repairs on your equipment.
Why Choose P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling?
Cleveland’s Home Comfort Provider Since 1936
- Over 85 years in business
- Family-owned & operated
- Trained & certified technicians
- On-time & reliable services
- Maintenance plans available
- Same-day services
- Over 2k five-star google reviews from customers