It’s that time of year again! With springtime comes a fresh start, which is why so many Cleveland families adhere to an annual spring cleaning ritual. But spring cleaning isn’t just about donating old clothes and getting rid of clutter. Your home’s HVAC system can also benefit from being a part of your annual cleaning routine.
But heating and cooling spring cleaning won’t require you to become an HVAC professional overnight. There are plenty of things homeowners can do to ensure their systems stay clean and capable without any HVAC experience required. Find out what you can do to freshen up your home’s heating and cooling system with our guide to HVAC spring cleaning in your Cleveland residence.
The Ultimate Cleveland HVAC Spring Cleaning Checklist
Keeping your HVAC unit clean doesn’t always mean clearing debris from complex ductwork. Many of your day-to-day activities impact your heating and cooling systems without you even realizing it. The following are just some of the ways homeowners can make their HVAC units a priority when it comes time for spring cleaning:
- Dusting & Mopping: This is an essential task that should be performed in your home on a regular basis. Not only crucial for keeping up a clean appearance, dusting and mopping can help reduce the number of airborne contaminants traveling through your HVAC unit (and into your respiratory system!).
- Window Cleaning: By cleaning your windows and letting in the sunshine, you can keep your home naturally warm during the first chilly days of spring without cranking up the heat. It’s a great way to reduce your energy expenses during the seasonal transition.
- Change Filters: Your furnace filter should be changed once during the fall and once during the spring to keep airborne contaminants to a minimum in your home. It’s also a good idea to change the filters in your A/C unit ahead of the summer season as well.
- Remove Clutter: A cluttered home means more opportunities for dirt, dust, and debris to collect and get distributed throughout your home through its HVAC system. Not only detrimental to your indoor air quality, this also means the inside of your heating and cooling units are layered with the same pollutants.
- Trim Plants: Protect your outdoor A/C unit by trimming any plants, weeds, or shrubbery that could prevent you from experiencing ideal airflow in your home. Outdoor foliage should be at least two feet away from your unit at all times to prevent against poor airflow.
These tips aren’t just great for the springtime: They’re a great way to keep your system clean all year long. However, DIY spring cleaning should never substitute the value professional cleaning can bring. Before the cooling season officially sets in, be sure to schedule professional duct cleaning services with your trusted HVAC provider to ensure your system is free of unwanted dirt, dust, and debris.
Importance of Spring Cleaning for Your Cleveland HVAC Health
Keeping your HVAC units clean isn’t just important for reducing unwanted pollutants in the home. A well-maintained HVAC system provides Cleveland homeowners with the following benefits:
- Improved system efficiency and performance
- Reduced monthly energy expenses
- Extended system life span
- Decreased repair requests and costs
Only through professional HVAC cleaning services can you mark your spring cleaning as complete. At P.K. Wadsworth, our team offers comprehensive maintenance to thoroughly clean each of your heating and cooling systems. We’ll ensure your ductwork and essential system components are clean and clear of unwanted contaminants, taking care to inspect its mechanical parts to deliver improved comfort and performance in your home.
Choose P.K. Wadsworth for HVAC Cleaning Services in Cleveland
Your spring cleaning won’t be complete without help from the HVAC professionals at P.K. Wadsworth. Our team offers comprehensive system maintenance agreements to ensure your home is free of unwanted contaminants and your units are in top working condition.
Don’t let the seasons change without scheduling HVAC maintenance services with our team: Contact us at 855-996-5675 to schedule service for your Cleveland home today!