Many older homes, and even a few newer ones, have inadequate levels of insulation. Adding more to a finished home can be expensive and difficult with conventional insulation like fiberglass batts. As an alternative, you may want to consider injection foam insulation services in Ohio, like P.K. Wadsworth Heating and Cooling, which can insulate and seal your home in as little as two days. Doing so will reduce your energy usage and improve the comfort in your home.
What is Injection Foam Insulation?
Injection foam insulation is a non-expanding type of foam insulation that can be installed inside of finished walls and other spaces without causing problems. It is unlike expanding foam insulation, which can cause buckling or other damage to drywall or sheathing if installed in enclosed spaces. It is injected through small holes drilled in your interior or exterior walls, expanding to fill any gaps between the studs, and surrounds any obstructions such as wiring or existing insulation. In the process, it also creates a tight seal, preventing your conditioned air from leaking out and preventing outdoor air from finding a way inside.
Benefits of Injection Foam Insulation
Compared to conventional alternatives, injection foam insulation has several distinct advantages, including the following:
- High R-Value rating of up to 3.9 when applied at 2.07 lbs per cubic foot
- Creates an effective air seal around electrical boxes, wiring and other obstructions
- Fire resistant and can be used as a fire-stop material
- Resistant to mold growth, even at high humidity levels
- Deters pest infiltration by removing moisture and oils from their bodies
- Releases no dangerous fumes during the curing process
- Excess foam can easily be removed with water
After installation, injection foam insulation will significantly reduce your energy costs and keep you more comfortable regardless of the temperature outside. It will also improve your indoor air quality by reducing air leaks and preventing mold growth.
To find out more about our injection foam insulation services in Ohio, contact our team at P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling, Inc. We have been providing quality HVAC services to the Greater Cleveland area since 1936.